- ESRI free ArcGIS training by ESRI. Leader of Geographic information system (GIS) technology with their ArcView and ArcGIS softwares, ESRI offers over 125 free Live Training Seminars and Web Courses. This in-depth study of a GIS-related topic, include: Video presentations with transcripts, Software demonstrations by subject matter experts, Recorded question and answer sessions. Certificate of Completions are awarded.
- SpatiaLABS by ESRI is standalone activities designed to promote spatial reasoning and analysis skills using GIS. The SpatiaLABS collection includes 26 independent activities, a set of 15 business/marketing activities, and a set of 16 forestry activities.
- ESRI Instructional Series Podcasts by ESRI. Includes 184 free downloadable podcasts from Beginner to Advance levels of ArcGIS by Esri users, business partners, and Esri staff that feature GIS technology insights.
- Penn State Open Educational Resourses free online GIS related courses by Department of Geography. These 32 free online course resources are available for reuse by teachers and learners worldwide who do not intend to apply for admission, register for classes, or pursue a certificate or degree at Penn State. Penn State also produced a web-based four-part video series, entitled “Geospatial Revolution“.
- Spatial Database Management and Advanced Geographic Information Systems by Massachusetts Institute of Technology. This class offers a very in-depth set of materials on spatial database management, including materials on the tools needed to work in spatial database management, and the applications of that data to real-life problem solving. Exercises and tools for working with SQL, as well as sample database sets, are provided.
Additional free online GIS Courses/Tutorial
- Google Fusion Tables Tutorials — Basic step-by-step tutorials from Stanford University.
- Google Earth Outreach — Online tutorials in Google Earth, Google Maps, and Fusion Tables from the Google Earth Outreach Team.
- ArcGIS Desktop Introduction — Basic tutorial from University of Arkansas.
- GIS Core Curriculum for Technical Programs — NCGIA, Over 50 units of technical instruction
- Tufts GIS Tip Sheets — Numerous tip sheets for GIS technical support.
- OpenGeo Education Center — Community created and supported training and workshops for Open Source GIS software and data.
- Digital repository of the ELOGeo Project — Digital service that collects, preserves, and distributes digital material about open geospatial data, software and standards.
- Onlinecourses.com — Free and comprehensive resource that is a collection of open college course that spans videos, audio lectures, and notes given by professors at Harvard, Stanford, Princeton and MIT.
- TeachGIS.org — This site, created by instructors and for instructors, is designed to support our educational community of practice. And have fun while we’re at it!
- Introduction to GIS (Harvard Map Collection) by Harvard University. The Introduction to GIS consists of a three-part movie accompanied by hands-on exercises using ArcGIS.
ArcGIS Video Tutorials by ESRI
- Making a Map
- Using Custom Web Application Template
- Publish a map as a web applicatio
- Editing Feature Layers on a Map
- Embedding a Map in Your Websit
- Signing Up for an ArcGIS Online Public Account
- Displaying Pop-up Windows on a Ma
- Adding Features from a File
- Joining a Group
- Inviting Others to Join Your Group
More to come at this site. Please free to add links on comments.